5 Exercises To Do at the Office
It can be hard to get or stay fit when you are just sitting at your desk all day. Here are some simple exercises you can fit in your busy work schedule.
- Leg raises- Do these while sitting in your chair at your desk. They’re great for a quick abdominal workout! To do: Lift one leg for 10 seconds, lower, proceed to lift the other for 10 seconds. Repeat.
- Calf raises- Excellent for strengthening your calf muscles! To do: Stand behind your chair and put your hands on the backrest. Lift yourself up on your toes. Repeat 10 times.
- Shoulder blade squeezes- Great for improved hunched posture. To do: Simply squeeze your shoulders back for 10 seconds 10 times.
- Wall sits- Tone your quads with this easy-to-do exercise! To do: Stand up against a wall in your office. Slide down until your quads are parallel with the floor. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat.
- Triceps curl- To do: Find the heaviest book in the office. Lift it behind your head and lift it up. Repeat 20 times.